Attendees, and their beers:
Leah Vaid, brown (BOQ)
Zak Herner, stout and porter (BOQ)
Andy Wysh, porter (BOQ)
Tristan Fanning, porter (BOQ)
Jim Hall, brown (BOQ)
Mark Procter, brown (BOQ)
Craig Ranshaw, Secret Dancing Stout
Dave Thome, black porter (BOQ)
Matt King, brown (BOQ)
Zach Swedo, Hazelnut Brown (BOQ)
Jim Williams, porter (BOQ)
Ben Strong, mild (BOQ)
Adam Rootberg, brown (BOQ) and pale ale
Edward Salse, mild (BOQ) and brown (BOQ)
Rachael Young and Adam Pharr: Brown with Hazelnut; Mango Hazy IPA; Bourbon Stout; Vanilla Red Ale
- Work shirts are in!
- Perfect Brewing will be holding a March Madness brew and BBQ event on March 18. If you would like to attend, please RSVP directly to the shop so Andy can get a head count for food.
- Mundelein Craft Beer Festival is upcoming on June 10, and NUBS has the opportunity to represent the hobby with a booth again this year. Matt will be looking for volunteers to pour and keg donations as we get closer.
- There will be a big beer festival, Great Taste of the Midwest, in Madison, WI the second Saturday in August, with a bus available to take attendees from Gurnee Mills to the event. If you are interested, contact Dan Berger for tickets and pricing.
- Craig, in his role as ambassador from Club Wort to NUBS, has invited us to participate in the brew-ins that are run on that club’s 40 gallon system, and which he typically coordinates. The way this works is that you buy a share of wort to ferment as you please; shares sell out fast, so if you are interested, sign up quickly! If you are interested, reach out to Craig to get on the distribution list for announcements.
- Beer of the Quarter! In a field of two dark milds (13A), eight British brown ales (13B), and five English porters (13C), we had a clear winner: Mark Kunke (porter) with six votes. In his absence our runner up, Mark Procter (brown ale), with four votes, signed the creepy horse head.